Grow Green Industries, INC. is a Southern California based, WOSB certified minority woman-owned company leading the way in eco solutions for produce food safety and shelf life. Since 2009, GGI, INC. has created a more sustainable way to enhance the safety of fresh produce while helping it last longer with its consumer brand, Eat Cleaner®. Now, food service operators, produce processors, schools and anyone creating fresh food can benefit from the line of food wash, wipes and anti-browning solutions. GGI, INC. Solutions are safe and non-toxic for workers and consumers while proving to be effective as validated by multiple 3rd-party labs.
GGI, INC. is the winner of the World’s Best Technology Gold Prize and a member of the Produce Marketing Association, the Institute for Food Technologists and the California School Nutrition Association.
Grow Green Industries Founders
Dr. Shawki Ibrahim. Ph.D.
Dr. Shawki Ibrahim is the Chief Scientific Officer and patented co-creator of the eatCleaner®, eatSafe™ and eatFresh™line of all natural and organic products that help offer cleaner, safer, longer lasting produce. He recently retired after 33 years as Emeritus Professor in the Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences at Colorado State University (CSU). He received a doctorate degree in Environmental and Radiological Health
Mareya Ibrahim is also known as “The Fit Foodie,” a nationally recognized food safety and clean eating expert, an award-winning entrepreneur, television chef, author and inventor. She is the CEO and founder of Grow Green Industries, INC. and the patented co-creator of the eatCleaner®, eatSafe™ and eatFresh™ line of all natural and organic products that help offer cleaner, safer, longer lasting produce. Her book “The Clean Eating Handbook” was released in May 2013 and is being touted as the ‘go-to’ guide for anyone looking to eat cleaner and get leaner. She is a contributor to “The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life” by Rick Warren, Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Mark Hyman. She is a featured chef on the Emmy-nominated cooking show Recipe Rehab, eHow.com, Livestrong.com and is a frequent guest on San Diego 6 and Fox 5 San Diego News. Her back-page column, “The Fit Foodie”, appears in Edible Orange County Magazine.
Mareya is also active in the community and was the recipient of the 2013 Women Making a Difference Award presented by California Senator Lou Correa for demonstrating extraordinary dedication and contributions to public health and well being. She is also the winner of the World’s Best Technology Gold Prize, and the Disney iParenting Award, and was a finalist for Inc. Magazine’s Newpreneur of the Year Award.
Mareya’s Achievements & Awards
- Patented Co-Inventor of eatCleaner, eatSafe and eatFresh Products
- Starred on Emmy nominated cooking show ‘Recipe Rehab’ and contributor to the book “Recipe Rehab: 80 Delicious Recipes that Slash the Fat, Not the Flavor.” (2013)
- Author of the book “The Clean Eating Handbook: 31 Essential Rules for Health, Wellness and a Fabulously Fit Life” (2013)
- Recipient of the 2013 Women Making a Difference Award from California Senator Lou Correa
- Winner of the World’s Best Technology Gold Prize
- Winner of the Disney iParenting Award
- Finalist for Inc. Magazine’s Newpreneur of the Year Award
- Writer of “The Fit Foodie” column in Edible Orange County Magazine
- Contributor to the NY Times Bestseller “The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life” by Dr. Rick Warren, Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Mark Hyman and Signature Chef for The Daniel Plan (2014)
- Frequent guest on San Diego 6 and Fox 5 News and KTLA Channel 4 News
eatSafe™ 4x Produce Wash
eatFresh-FC™ Anti-Browning Powder
eatCleaner® Fruit + Vegetable Wash and Food-Grade Wipes
Eco-Safe Private Label Solutions
Awards & Certifications
Affiliations and Associations
Produce Marketing Association
Institute of Food Technologists
California School Nutrition Association
Network for a Healthy California